I had *the* most awesome time at Textiles In Focus, and I will definitely be going back next year. Highlights included:
- About half of the my local spinning group showing up, at various times, saying, "I didn't know you did this! Wow!!"
- of on the first day, and having to make more that evening.
- Teaching a friend (Lorna!) from the knitting group to use her own, rather lovely, drop spindle.
- Selling out of all my drop spindles for the second time whilst Lorna was grinning and squealing with delight behind the stall.
- Being asked to teach drop spindling at TIF next year!
- Having several people come past and tell me they'd found/been following this blog! Well hey, if you're still here, stop by and comment!
- The hilariously knowledgeable lady who came past , and solemnly informed her friend that, "Of course, you can't use these yarns for knitting with". WTF?!
- Persuading Pauline, the organiser, that the unused space next to my pitch would be perfect for a sociable spinning area next year.
Meanwhile, I suddenly realised yesterday that I haven't dyed anything for almost a month now. Given that my next fair is only just a month away, I'd better get moving!! (April 18th, here we come!)
Hmm. Given that we woke up to a hard frost again this morning, do you think we'll want spring/summer yarns by mid April, or will we still be in the depths of winter?