Wednesday 30 June 2010

Drift and Flow

I've spent a chunk of the evening editing photographs for the next shop update - which should be sometime between now and Sunday evening.  I'm getting better at editing photographs for composition and colour, though I've got a way to go before I'm a real master!


This week's offerings will be 'Drift' and 'Flow'.

Flow is a truly luscious 50% silk/50% merino lace weight yarn.  It knits into stunning, drapey lace patterns and beautiful, smooth stockinette with the greatest of ease, and has a soft, but not overwhelming, lustre.  It is one of my favourite yarn lines!
 Rosewood

With 450m per 50g skein, and 24-32 stitches (32-42 rows) per 10cm on 1.75-3.5 mm needles, this is a seriously versatile luxury.
 Meadow

I'd love to knit a Whisper cardigan (Ravelry link) in this stuff, if I ever manage to keep any for myself.  Yum!!

Drift is an awesome kid mohair/nylon laceweight with a close resemblance to a certain famous yarn from a top UK supplier (except without the silk!).

 Sage Advice

It comes in 50g/425m skeins
 Delphinium

And knits up on 3 to 5 mm needles at a gauge of 18-25 stitches and 23-33 rows per 10 cm.
 Merlot

...just as you'd expect, this is perfect for lacey little shawls and stoles, or can be held double to create a thicker fabric.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. the delphinium is just like one blooming in my garden right now1 Gorgeous - all.

    ReplyDelete